Monday, October 31, 2011

Brown Sugar-Glazed Carrots

Carrots are one of the few vegetables I can get everyone in my house to agree on.  The amazing thing is, it doesn't matter how I cook them, they will get eaten.  One of my favorite ways to cook carrots is to seal them in foil and bake them in the oven along side whatever else I am cooking.  This way means less fuss for me, and that is definitely a good thing.

My Brown Sugar-Glazed Carrots can be made with either regular carrots or baby carrots.  I usually just make whichever I have on hand.  If you use regular carrots, just peel them and cut into four to five pieces each.  After that, you can proceed with the recipe as directed.


Brown Sugar-Glazed Carrots

12 oz baby carrots
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
4 Tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt

Tear off a 12x24-inch piece of aluminum foil.  Fold in half to make a square.  Mound carrots in center of foil.  Top with butter and brown sugar.  Sprinkle with salt.






Bring opposite sides of foil up to center, then fold over twice to seal.  Double fold ends in to complete sealing.  Place in 350-400 degree oven for 35-45 minutes.  Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes.  Carefully open foil package away from face (even after resting, the steam will burn you).  Stir carrots and serve immediately.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...