Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes and Carrots

Last weekend I made my usual trip to the farmer's market and found something a bit unusual...baby purple potatoes.  I was a pretty excited because I had never seen these before, but I was a little nervous about how my family would react to seeing strangely colored potatoes on their plate.  Just to make sure they would have something to eat, not only did I pick up a pint of the violet spuds, but also a pint of Yukon gold baby potatoes.

When I got home, I decided to add some baby carrots that I had in the fridge and then roast them.  I had originally thought about making purple mashed potatoes, but that just seemed a little weird.  So I went to my old standby method of preparation that every seems to enjoy.  A little olive oil, a couple garlic cloves, and a small handful of parsley were all I needed to turn the purple potatoes into a hearty side dish.  Enjoy!


Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes and Carrots

2 pints baby potatoes
12 oz baby carrots
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 Tbsp parsley, chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste


Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.  Scrub potatoes well.  In large mixing bowl, toss all ingredients together until well coated.  Pour into 9x13 inch baking pan.  Roast vegetables in oven for 40-45 minutes, or until vegetables are soft and lightly browned.  Serve immediately.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...